As continuation of the series of workshops “Parallel Numerics“, the PARNUM 2017 workshop will take place in Waischenfeld, Germany from Wednesday, April 19 until Friday, April 21, 2017. This workshop is 11th continuation of the PARNUM series, which started in 1994. From that date, ten workshops were held in Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia and Poland.
The objective is the exchange of research results in the area of parallel scientific computing, parallel algorithms, and high performance computing. The estimated number of participants is 30 to 40.
Selected papers of PARNUM participants will be published in a Special Issue of the journal Computing and Informatics (CAI).
This workshop will include an excursion to Bamberg, whose medieval old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and which is also famous for its varied beer brewing tradition.
Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Large-scale parallel applications
- Scalable parallel algorithms
- Efficient numerical methods
- Parallel computer architectures
- Performance analysis, tuning, and debugging
- Scientific workflows
- Iain Duff, STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK & CERFACS, France
- Katarina Gustavsson, KTH Stockholm, Sweden
- Selime Gürol, CERFACS, Toulouse, France
- Lois Curfman McInnes, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Linda Stals, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- January 13, 2017 submission deadline – submission closed!
- January 30, 2017 acceptance notification
- March 13, 2017 registration deadline